The U.S. warns North Korea it’s all through screwing around as Kim Jong-un plans weekly missile tests
North Korea will conduct missile tests on a weekly basis, Foreign Minister Han Song-ryol said, adding that an “all-out war” would result if the U.S. took military action.
Vice President Mike Pence was not about to be bullied. “In the past two weeks, the world witnessed the strength and resolve of our new president in actions taken in Syria and Afghanistan,” he said Monday in South Korea.
“North Korea would do well not to test his resolve or the strength of the armed forces of the United States in this region.”
Pence is in South Korea meeting with the acting president, Hwang Kyo-ahn, and visiting U.S. troops along the DMZ.
“We’re going to abandon the failed policy of strategic patience,” Pence said, “and redouble our efforts to bring diplomatic and economic pressure to bear on North Korea.”
He added: “But as President Trump made clear, if China is unable to deal with North Korea, the United States and our allies will.”
Last month, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson warned that pre-emptive military action was “on the table.”
Kim Jong-un’s latest ballistic missile test on Sunday, a day after a military parade of force, was a spectacular failure. The missile exploded seconds after being launched.