Cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2017
Senate Minority Leader (I use the word loosely) Chuck Schumer and the emasculated democrats keep trying to obstruct and defy Trump’s agenda, but the Don is unstoppable.
What President Trump has accomplished so far–just one week after his inauguration:
- Taken the U.S. out of the Trans Pacific Partnership, a 12-nation trade deal he criticized as a candidate as not protecting American workers enough.
- Given the go-ahead to build a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico, which he said would begin within “months.”
- Reinstated the Mexico City policy, which bars federal money from going to foreign nonprofits that promote or perform abortions.
- Ordered a freeze on federal hiring other than for military, public safety and public health jobs.
- Reversed a planned cut on mortgage insurance for many first-time homebuyers.
- Ordered executive branch agencies to begin preparing for the repeal of Obama’s Affordable Care Act.
- Moved forward on the Dakota Access and Keystone XL oil pipelines.
- Ended a policy known as “catch and release,” under which some immigrants are released from detention while they await a hearing with an immigration judge.
- Ended federal funding to sanctuary cities and states which opt out of reporting undocumented immigrants.
- Moved swiftly to have his cabinet appointees confirmed.
- Kept FBI Director James Comey, who came under fire over his investigation of Clinton’s email server.
- Named net neutrality critic Ajit Pai to lead the Federal Communications Commission.
- Spoke with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by phone, promising to move the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Visited the CIA to mend fences after weeks of acrimony.
- Met with British Prime Minister Theresa May and made plans to meet with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
— Melissa Chan, Time